Re: Unidentified subject!

On 31 Aug 2001, charles verbeken wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is regarding a few questions regarding the installationa and the compatibility of debian OS. Will I be able to use my former office 98 files and other systems previously used i.e. ms paint etc.
>
> Thanks for reading.

Well first it's NOT the OS that is compatible with the files it's the
applications running on that OS. MS Office files, yes there are
applications you can use: StarOffice, highly compatible to MS Office; then
there are some command line tools to rip off the chunk from Office files
and use them as text files. MS Paint no idea; if they are using a non
standard format (very very likely; why using standards?) then you might be
unlucky.

Second, break your lines at 72, better 68 characters.

Frank