RE: Can MSN work on Debian?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hall Stevenson [mailto:hallstevenson@mindspring.com]

> I have a friend at work that is interested in trying
> out Linux.  The only problem that he has is that he
> has signed up for one of these 3 year contracts of
> MSN when he got his computer, so he's not really
> willing to pay for 2 ISPs. Is there any way that we
> can get him to be able to use MSN in Debian?  (or
> any flavor of Linux for that matter?)

I don't see any reason why he can't. MSN is just another ISP like
Earthlink or Mindspring. Exim will get your email from mail.msn.com and
Konqueror accesses the web just fine. All you need is the MSN DNS IPs
during your setup of your Debian network.

Heck, if Debian works with AOL it can work with anything :)

John