Re: Snort

On 15 Aug 2001 15:15:00 +1000, Craig W wrote:

> Debian 2.2 Potato
> Perl 5.005_03
> Total fresh install.

I used to get these problems when I was upgrading to testing or unstable
when perl hadn't been upgraded.  It was always method "X" on an
undefined value.  As soon as perl 5.6 was running the errors went away.
That doesn't explain why you have errors on a stable system installing a
putatively stable package.  Maybe the maintainer of the package
has some more insight.  Robert van der Meulen <rvdm@debian.org> is
listed.  Give him an email.

--mike