Unidentified subject!

>Hi all,
>
>I am running webmin on a Debian potato (stable) system with some updates
>from woody (testing).
>
>My problem is that I can only get the modules from the Debian packages to
>work, and no other modules.

As Debian maintainers we try not to just shovel piles of code onto ftp
sites and cds but integrate it into a consistent and elegant system.  That
means a Debianized package may differ in significant ways from the
upstream defaults in terms of options, file layout etc.  All the source of
the .debs is provided.  In a Debian source package there is a
something.orig.tar.gz which is the upstream source and a something.diff.gz
which is all the changes that were made by the Debian maintainer.

So one solution to your problem would be to look at the diff and see what
I changed in each module and apply those changes to the stuff you
downloaded.

>I also need other webmin modules, e.g. samba and apache, so I downloaded
>the .wbm files from www.wembin.org and installed them from webmin.
>
>The problem is that these modules do not work, whereas the ones from the
>Debian packages do work.

A second solution would be to just apt-get install webmin-samba,
webmin-apache, and webmin-dhcp etc. Is there any reason why you can't do
that?

A third solution would be to wait for the weekend when I do the next round
of webmin .debs.  At that time I'll make a set for potato and put them on
my website.  I'll be sure to post the relevant apt sources line on
this list.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>