Re: ntp: not synchronized?

* Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) spake thusly:

> Would that be port 123 then?  What port am I communicating on locally?
>
> And, if I'm NATting my outbound, shouldn't this clear the firewall?
> Outbound traffic *is* allowed.  I think...

Did you remember to poke holes for both tcp and udp?
If all else fails,
1. flush your firewall rules
2. run ntpdate -d and give it 3-4 time servers to query (as you're
   supposed to)
3. if that works, get tcpdump to log traffic to a file and repeat
   step 2.
4. Reload firewall rules.
5. RTF file to see what ports/protocols were used.

If 2 fails, something is very b0rken (like maybe all timeservers
you're trying to query are down).

That's all I can suggest.
HTH
Dima