Re: restting package selection

* Philipp Steinkr?ger (steinkrueger@oberberg.net) [010806 10:01]:
> Hi there,
>

> i hit '+' on the wrong package and now a *huge* list of packages
> is marked to be removed and a *huge* list is marked to be installed.

Sorry I can't be much help now, but for next time (and for anyone else
out there who might make this same mistake)  you can always press X or
Esc to exit abandoning any selections you may have made. Another handy
one is 'R': if you make a selection and are brought to a dependency
resolution screen you can Revert all listed packages to the state they
were in before the list by simply pressing 'R'.

If you rush through dselect, you'll regret it, as evidenced by the many
testimonials on this very list. If you take it slow and read the
ubiquitous help screens (at least until you've "learned" it) dselect can
be a great tool.

Vineet