HP6000SE Media Storage unit & Adaptec 2930LU on Debian/Progeny PC

I have an HP6000SE (single ended) SCSI media storage unit that was (a):
given to me; (b): originally used uith an HP 7000 Apollo running HP-UX.
I am wondering if I may be able to use my Yamaha CRW 2100 CD-R/RW, HP
6390 Scanner, and the several harddrives- DCLZ tape drive- and the
original CD-ROM that are presently installed into the HP6000, through an
Adaptec 2930CU pci card (ultra SCSI)? Has Anyone else tried to use these
units
(HP6000SE) with a PC on Linux?
As nearly as I am able to discern it should work just fine as long as
the SCSI id #'s are not set improperly.?
Any words of wisdom? All advise gratefully accepted. tia, K. Matthew
Victor