Re: dist upgrade potato to woody 2.2 to 2.4 kernel

> Mark -
>
> I've performed the apt-get dist-upgrade without the kernel change. Then,
> rather than compiling the kernel, I'm apt-get install ing the new
> kernel-image. The configuration has been my down fall. It proceeds
normally,
> but then the reboot fails with a kernel panic that it can't find root at
> hda2. Root is located at /dev/hda2. There is no boot prompt to pass the
> process additional parameters.
>
> - Steve

I proceeded the same way, and had the same error, kernel panic, for the same
reason.
(In my case, it tried to locate root on another partition, of course ...)
Hopefully I had lilo configured with both the old and the new kernel, and it
did restart _without_ any problem with my old 2.2.17 Kernel ??

Laurent.