Re: LT WinModem and kernel headers

JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:

I'm not going to tell you to RTFM because I hate when people say that. :)

I have been reading everything I can find most of which is at LDP or places linked to there. I've found many answers but not some of the structural answers I need. I'll admit being somewhat anxious to get connected through my Debian system so I don't have to keep switching OS's to get to information.

I'd say, first off, install the linux kernel sources into /usr/src (it should make a /linux dir and dump all the stuff in there when you un-tar/gz it.)

I did a basic install from Debian CD's and thought all those packages would have been installed. I now see that none of the sources seem to be there. I'll check all that out again now that I know more what I'm looking for.

The closest I've to finding anything that describes the structure of Linux is Linux From Scratch which is pretty good. Is there an O'Reilly book or some part of the LDP that you would recommend?

Then try running it. Note that if the driver won't work, try an older version-- that's what I did, and it started working only then.

Thanks,

Paul