Re: man pages don't work - Solution

I have solved this.  On transferring the system I created a mount point
for /tmp with inappropriate permissions; 0755 instead of 1777.  User
"man", who runs the man program, had no write permission to /tmp.

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, George Karaolides wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After transferring my Debian potato 2.r3 from a single-disk initial
> installation to a root-on-software-RAID system, the man pages no longer
> work:
>
> earth:~# man bash
> man: can't create a temporary filename: Permission denied
>
> What could be the cause of this?  The remainder of the system appears to
> be funcioning properly and providing all the configured services.

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus