Re: xterm or rxvt

harsha wrote:

hi,
    I was install Xwindow on my system and setting it up as per the
instructions in Xwindow-USER HOWTO.

    The documents suggests usage of rxvt in case of a low memory card. I
have good card with 32MB ram. It also says that xterm is quite bloated.
    I would like the opinion of long time users on this. Going by the
little information on this in the HOWTO I would prefer rxvt. I would
also like to know where xterm scores over rxvt.

regards
harsha

hi
rxvt is simple and light(er) weight. I would
suggest looking at the man pages for xterm and rxvt
for full details

xterms have a lot of 'extra' features
but for a quick overview of some of the
extra features you could try holding <Ctrl>
and clicking with each of the three mouse buttons

thou if your intrested in pretty terms
(and have resources to burn) Eterms are
nice (Enlightenment xterms),

an Eterm with shaded transparent background
effect can be be very please on the eye
(personal taste)

adam
--