Re: Internet Connection Sharing [was: Re: Ethernet]

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 11:58:06AM +1000, Sam Varghese wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 09:54:37PM -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> > How can I set up my Win98 machine to share its internet connection to my
> > networked Linux machines?
>
> Pardon me for asking but wouldn't it better and
> more reliable to connect with a Debian box and share
> the connection using ip masquerading?

Indeed, this would be preferable, but perhaps the original poster has
a windows-only internal DSL card. If that is the case he will need to
use the 'Internet Connection Sharing' facility that was added to W98
Second Edition. For earlier windows versions there are third party
products which accomplish the same thing.

HTH
Dave T.

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all