Sound Module not loaded (was: Modules gone after Kernel update to 2.4.7)

Hi,

thanks for the link. I updated some more packages and
finally everything works, except one little detail:

The sound modules are not automatically loaded by the
esd sound deamon when a sound application uses it.
XMMS quits saying "device /dev/dsp does not exist".

Obviously, the device exists (same as audio) and the
user is part of the audio group.

After a manual modprobe, the sound works without any
problems... any ideas?

Herbert

http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/