keyboard problem in console

Hello all.
Problems arise when I changed my hard drive. I copied (with tar) everything from my old drive to the new one, and made it bootable. It works all fine, except that all chracters are not correct, i.e. can't produce some characters by corresponding keys when I'm in console. In X I don't have any problems. I'm using scandinavian keyboard, so I think for some reason system thinks that I have US keyboard and produces wrong characters. What are most common reasons for keyboard problems and where could I find good information about how keyboards are handled?

Petteri Heinonen
heinonep@cs.tut.fi