Re: new installation

Ari Sigurðsson wrote:

Hi,
on my new debian installation some things are different,
I can't find my 'mail' command,

Do you mean the Uminx-mailer mail? It's in the package mailx.

and mutt does not behave
the way I like. I want it to download mail to my local mail
folder and read from there, but It always loads /var/spool/mail/username,
and asks to move read messages to local folder.

You'll need to configure exim or procmail to send the mails to the mail folder in your home directory and then edit ~/.muttrc to tell mutt where to look for your mail.

Frank