Re: process w/o attached tty?

This seems to be (nice) Eterm-specific stuff. I don't think the same
type of tricks will work for xterms and gnome-terminals. There's
another trick, though, in case you have already started a process
in the background and didn't use screen or nohup. Excerpted from
bash(1):

       disown [-ar] [-h] [jobspec ...]
              Without  options,  each jobspec is removed from the
              table of active jobs.  If the -h option  is  given,
              each  jobspec is not removed from the table, but is
              marked so that SIGHUP is not sent to the job if the
              shell receives a SIGHUP.  If no jobspec is present,
              and neither the -a nor the -r option  is  supplied,
              the  current  job  is  used.  If no jobspec is sup­
              plied, the -a option means to remove  or  mark  all
              jobs;  the  -r  option  without  a jobspec argument
              restricts operation to running  jobs.   The  return
              value  is  0  unless  a  jobspec does not specify a
              valid job.

I know that if you issue a ^D to zsh with jobs running in the
background it gives you a warning, like "zsh: You have running jobs".
A second ^D exits disowning the jobs.

Vineet

* Tom Massey (tom_massey@dingoblue.net.au) [010701 16:02]: