Re: Soundblaster live digital output

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Ed Falis wrote:

> I have a Soundblaster live value and a speaker system capable of accepting
> digital input.  Anyone know whether it's possible and how to enable the
> Soundblaster digital output under Debian?

I have the same card. I'm under the impression that the "Value" part of
the name "SoundBlaster Live - Value" means in part that they removed the
digital output, but the web pages are not clear.

Compare for yourself and _please_ prove me wrong!

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sblive/features.asp
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sblivevalue/features.asp

...RickM...