Re: Re. Total Confusion

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 02:49:43AM -0700, Sidney Brooks wrote:
> I still have two minor problems that I may be able to work out myself. In
> order to get on line with Debian, I must use ppp. Minicom and wvdial

Did you try it with pppconfig, debian's ppp "wizard", yet?

> connect but fail to authenticate. The other problem is something new with
> lilo, which I installed using Redhat. It now demands a password for Debian,
> but not for Redhat.

This is perhaps a configuration problem.  Check your /etc/lilo.conf if
there are any "restricted" or "password" lines in the section for the
debian boot image.  If so, change that and rerun lilo.

If that fails to work and it still wants a password, then maybe your
redhat lilo setup is set to chainboot a lilo bootblock in some debian
partition.  Mount your debian filesystems in redhat and put the kernel
image on the debian partition in the redhat lilo.conf.  Add the keyword
"optional" to that section, so you can still run lilo on redhat, even
when the debian partition happens not to be mounted.  Run lilo.  Reboot.

Cheers,

Joost