Canon LBP 800

Basically, it all boils down to finding the driver for this printer. The
page at linuxprinting.org looks pretty discouraging and doesn't offer an
actual link to anything but the Canon homepage, where they have drivers
for every brand of winbloze under the sun... We've got one of those
paperweight monstrosities at work, and as it's a shared resource, it means
that I have to reboot into murky Gatesdom everytime the boss wants
anything printed out... but at least he has sense enough to recognize the
fact that no NT would ever do the job... so there...

Cheerio,

Pope Mickey XXIII, Patron Saint Ov Earplugs

--
" ...and this is the place
  where she cut her wrists