Re: weird problem with init after compiling new kernel

Thnx but I've already tried ALL of your suggestions (it's there all written
down, isn't it ;) ?, I might have missed something?) ~

My main question still stands unanswered:
> Here's my big question: when I boot from a CD Linux-image, does my system
still use the init in /dev/hda2/sbin/ ? (I think so since there's no init on
the CD)
> Why then can my new kernel not use this init but more important: why can't
my old kernel too! (the one after first installation residing on my HDD
which is now named vmlinuz.old)

to try and make things a little more clear: the kernel boots! Lilo works
fine! it is the init part where all activity halts at the point where
normally the supplementary hardware (sound, network, mice, special
CD-romplayers, etc) would be initialized after which the daemons would be
started. At the moment of halt the memory is filled with kernel but not yet
with system configuration.

??que?? I'm confused of this.

Help!

Mythiq.