Sound in gnome

Hello everyone,

I just switch from SuSE to Debian and I really, really happy (rpms were
difficult to find for SuSE and anyhow I prefer a non-commercial distro).

There is just one thing that doesn't seem to work : the sound in gnome, no
gnome event produce sound althought sawfish does prduce sound, esdplay
<file> works too ... the esd server is working and I'm member of the audio
group. Any clue ??

BTW this is gnome 1.4

--
Evrard Nicolas                        /\\