Re: Installation problems

> I have done several Debian installations before and this is the
> first time I've seen this one.
>
> After installing the base system and rebooting from the hard disk
> everything looks fine until inetd has started. Then I get the
> following lines:
>
> /bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap: cannot execute: no such file or directory
> /bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap no such file or directory
>
> repeated 10 times, then
>
> INIT: ld "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>
> And after a while it does it again and again.
>
> I went through the installation again. And just in case there was a
> disk problem I repartionned and reformatted the hard disk. No
> problems there, but the same thing happened.
>
> tty2 and tty3 appear to be fully functional.
>
> Any clues would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Philippe Clérié (philippe@gcal.net)

According to packages.debian.org, testing and unstable have /usr/sbin/termwrap
but not /sbin/termwrap. This, of course, doesn't explain why you didn't get
the same problem before but it might give you a starting point.
--

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>

Hillel used to say: If I am not for myself who will be for me?
Yet, if I am for myself only, what am I? And if not now, when?
                                          (Ethics Of The Fathers 1:14)