dselect and cdrom

Hi

I've just installed potato from the reiserfs boot diskette (switched
from mandrake). everything seems very nice but I'm having a problem with
dselect. it doesn't install from cdrom. if I run 'apt-get install
gimp-manual' it will install it from the cd, but if I select it from
dselect it asks me to insert binary_cd_1 and then it fetches the package
from the web. in the Access menu of dselect, I don't have multi_cd section.
only nfs, floppy, ftp and APT Acquisition [file,http,ftp].
am I doing something wrong, or maybe I should install something?

thanks

Haim