.vimrc

Hello.

I followed the thread about setting tabs in vim, and I have a question
regarding the syntax highlighting option.  How is the color mapping
determined?  I find the blue to be horrid in my (black background)
xterms.  Addtionally, since mutt runs in a xterm window, and uses vim
to compose mail, it has that horrid blue hightlighting some lines of
text in a reply mail.

Is there a way to change this?  I have put that line:
  set background=dark
-within the:
  if has("syntax")
-section, but it has no effect.

TIA,
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")