Re: hard disk - smart failure predicted??

hi ya

> > On boot up I got the message:
> > " Smart Failure Predicted on Primary Master: WDCAC33200C
>
> Self Monitoring Analysis And Reporting (SMART)
>
> The drive thinks it's dying.
> It's probably right.

backup your user data NOW .... while you still can...

pull the ide cables... replace it and/or reconnect it...

pull the power cable.... reconnect it...

check the cables for "frays" and worn-out insulations etc
sharp bends... twists ...etc..etc...

have fun
alvin

than replace the disk if the problem persists