oh crikey, it's ALSA all over again

Hey ho,

Well, you'll never guess. The transition from Mandrake 7.2 to Debian
didn't exactly go without a glitch, but I have configured almost
everything I need. Almost. Except for ALSA modules, that is. Oh, I have
unpacked the kernel source into /usr/src/linux all right; ALSA modules
have been untarred into the modules subdirectory where they belong, run
configure and I'm fine. Try to make them and I'm told that no version.h
file is present in the source directory. Copy it from /usr/include, make
- and I'm knee deep in error messages going on and on about declarations
about nonexistent parameters. No luck with alsaconf either. My box
remains immersed into gloomy voicelessness, and there is no way to
support my high with some of Merzbow from my mp3 collection :(

Cheerio,

Pope Mickey XXIII, Head Priest Of The Blown Fuse Cabal.

--

'The bloody master
 Is bloody dead dead dead'

 --David Tibet