Re: Shareing nfs with windows problem

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 04:05:06PM -0500, Andrew D Dixon wrote:
| Brian Schramm wrote:
| >
| > Has anyone gotten the pcnfsd system to work?  I am trying to share
| > a nfs mount with windows (samba will not work in this case) and am
| > haveing trouble with pcnfsd.  It will not authorize the users.
| >
| I've never used pcnfsd but even the regular old nfsd is picky about what
| users can access an nfs file.  I use nis with nfs to avoid user
| authorization problems.
|
| I bet Windows doesn't do NIS, hugh?  Maybe a program like Hummingbird
| would get you around this problem?

Hummingbird is a company, not a program.  I didn't think Windows could
do NFS, or anything other than samba natively (M$ Windows : Batteries
Not Included :-)).  Anyways, My dad has a Solaris box and an NT box at
work and said that they use one of Hummingbird's products (I forget
which one, but it isn't eXceed ;-)) to provide NFS access from
Windows.

-D