Re: WINE/newbie

> Frans Schreuder wrote:
>
> Hai again,
>
> Have any thoughts on Wine?

Wine would be great if it worked but it's still got a long way to go.
Admittedly I haven't played with it that much and it seems like you need
to set things up just right in order to get anything to work (except for
solitare.  It plays like a champ).

I've also heard rummors that Correl used the wine libraries to compile
WordPerfect for Linux using the Windows source.  I also heard that
WordPerfect isn't all that stable, but still.  That's where I think wine
shows the most promise.  If companies could trivially recompile there
software for Linux (or other unicies) I could finally kill the evil half
of my hard drive.  I realize this would throw off the yin and yang of my
machine but I guess I could always install Vigor and restore the balance
of good and evil :0)

> I've visited their site(faq,readmanual) tried and stranded on getting
> a mounting thing with wine.conf.

Try winesetuptk from CodeWeavers (there's a .deb package in testing and
unstable).  It got me going with no fuss at all.

later,
Andy