Re: ALSA problems in Debian/unstable

Stefan.Deibel@t-online.de (Stefan Deibel) said:
>Hi,
>After upgrading to Debian/unstable I want to get sound with ALSA. I install
>alsa-source and compiled the alsa-driver for Soundblaster 128 PCI (Ensoni1
>1371) it using kernel 2.4.3. After installation lsmod shows

well, good luck. i have the same card and i gave up alsa a long time
ago and started using the kernel sounds modules instead.

however, if you want to see what i had to do to get alsa to work a
while back, visit:

 http://members.home.com/tdouglas/alsa.html

i don't remember enough about alsa anymore to give you help, sorry.