Re:

Hmmm... Try looking near the top of the case in one of the 5.25" bays..
That's often where the CD ROM can be found. The d drive is usually found
in MS Windows or in MS DOS, not Linux. :-)

(Sorry.. it's Friday)

Seriously though, I'm guessing you probably have your CD ROM and your
second hard drive "D" on the secondary IDE controller. You probably had
one of the two die on you, taking the entire IDE chain down with it.
Reboot your machine, and see which drives are recognized by the BIOS.
Maybe try re "autodetecting" your drives if your BIOS supports it (most
BIOSes after '95 or so will). Try unplugging the hard drive and see if
the CD ROM reappears... Try plugging in just the hard drive and
unplugging the CD ROM and see if the hard drive reappears.

Of course, before doing all this you should check to see if anything
obvious (like an accidentally unplugged cable) has happened.

--Rich

> cris wrote:
>
> my cd-rom is missing, also my d drive where do i look ?

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.