[perl] glob() and filenames w/ spaces

Hi all

Sorry if this is too off-topic, but on debian-user there is usually
excellent help, so I cannot resist. =)

How do I deal with the situation where glob("*") is used and where there
are files that contain spaces in their file names?

I know spaces in file names suck. I have no choice. It's the way it is.

What I like about glob() is that it returns the whole path as opposed to
readdir(DIR) which only returns the top of the path.
That is very useful for my situation, so I need this property.

So, is there any way to make glob("*") smart about files with spaces in
their names?

Has anyone dealt with something similar before?

Cheers,
Sven
--
$ debian/rules