Re: Gnus as email client (was: GUI Email program)

Johann Spies <jhspies@adept.co.za> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:26:27PM +0200, Dominique Deleris wrote:
> > I've just discovered Emacs+Gnus, and it's TERRIFIC !
> >
> > I've dropped evolution & balsa. Emacs is so cool and powerful...
>
> I would like to know what is it that you like so much about
> Emacs+Gnus?  I am not trying to be sarcastic or something like that.
> I have tried to configure gnus a few times for using with email and
> found it a frustration to get working.  In which ways would gnus be
> better than mutt and pine for example?  Maybe I never saw it working
> properly.

Scoring in gnus is brilliant.  I read debian-user just like a
newsgroup so I set up scoring based on what I find interesting.  I
also like gnus splitting capabilities.  I don't use procmail anymore.
I love being able to arrange my newsgroups and mailgroups based on
topics.  I also like being able to cut and paste quickly from other
buffers to mail or newsgroup messages that I am working on.  Gnus
handles almost every different kind of mail and nntp backend.  I could
go on.  Anyone else use gnus?

-Anthony.