Re: why does ps->eps conversion reduce line thickness?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 01:08:30PM +1000, Mark Mackenzie wrote:
> I do ps->eps conversions using:
>
> echo -n '\004' | gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=epswrite \
> -sOutputFile=box.eps box.ps >/dev/null
>
> using box.ps below. When box.ps is printed, it comes out as a 1mm thick
> 1" box (quite dark). When box.eps is printed, the lines are very thin
> (perhaps .2mm) and faint.
[...]
> Using ps2epsi doesn't seem to help either.
> I am using gs_5.10-6_i386.deb

I get this same effect using "convert box.ps box.eps", which, like
ps2epsi, calls gs.

Perhaps there is a 'line width' option somewhere which you're not
setting explicitly and which is different for ps and eps files.

Good luck.

Rob

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future.
		-- Niels Bohr