Re: APT Questions.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:53:06PM +0200, Andrzej Swedrzynski wrote:

Hi,

> Recently I started to use apt (*Really great tool!*) and I have following
> questions. I couldn't find the answers in documentation, so please help.
>
> 1. I installed system from CDs (Debian 2.2) and now I can use the net to
> download packages. So I do not want to use CDs anymore. How can I
> configure apt to not use CDs? I can easily add new CD using apt-setup or
> apt-cdrom, but how can I remove informations about them?
emacs /etc/apt/source.list
(you can use your favourite editor instead)
You can sign a comment with  a # as the first sign in a line.
Or kill the whole line with Ctrl-K in emacs or dd in vi.

> 2. Can I use apt to upgrade my potato to woody? Using apt-get dist-upgrade
> I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2r3, but can I make a further step forward?
Read a little bit in the archiv of the list about upgrades.
woody (testing) should normaly work. sid ist unstable, it's your risk :-)

Sven