Re: Consoles inaccessible w/ Ctl-Alt-FN

  Hello,

  thank you for the answers.

From: Eric Hanchrow <offby1@blarg.net>

#  >>>>> "Etienne" == Etienne Grossmann <etienne@anonimo.isr.ist.utl.pt> writes:

#      Etienne> Hello, I can't access the linux consoles through
#      Etienne> Ctl-Alt-F1 anymore.

#  Perhaps your window manager has re-mapped the keys, so that they key
#  that you *think* is "Alt" is really something else.

#  If you've got a Windows keyboard, try pressing Ctrl-Windows-F1.

  According to 'xev', my 'alt' is 'Alt_L', which I would say is
ok. The left 'Windows' is 'Select' and the right one is
'Mode_switch'. Neither C-Left_Windows-F1 nor C-Right_Windows-F1
changes to console.

  I forgot to say that when I do C-M-F1, the terminal "freezes" : the
mouse and keyboard have no apparent effect, except that C-M-F7
restores control over the terminal.

  I guess I'll try to install the usual gnome. The problem is that apt
only sees the helix packages. I'll see if removing the 'extra' cd from
the sources.list does the trick.

  Thanks again for the advice,

  Etienne