Re: I dumped reiserfs - what about ext3 on Debian?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:25:18AM +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> I did like Resierfs while I was using it, the journal idea is very nice. I
> wouldn't mind giving ext3 a go, but it would appear that there is no
> kernel patch for the 2.4.x kernels. Is this so? Has anyone actually used

correct. only for 2.2.x.

> ext3 with Debian?

Me. You have to compile new ext2 utils but that's about it. no .deb for
em though so it can get a wee bit messy (but not if you do it right :)

So far it's been working brilliantly.

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)		*** Jenna has joined the channel.
				<cat> speaking of mental giants..