re:linux-books

If it's still available you might try Perl 5 Interactive Course
("certified edition") by Jon Orwant (TPJ editor). It's massive, unwieldy
and has that god-forsaken Waite busy layout. Not to mention the fact that
the "online interactive" tie-in no longer exists ... apart from that,
though, it's a pretty good intro to Perl 5. Orwant is a good tech writer.

Urk. I just checked Amazon.com and its op. But you might find a copy on
half.com.

Glenn Becker
Online Producer, Community
SCIFI.COM