Re: links for devfs

    Mark> How do you tell devfsd to make a link to a device?  For
    Mark> example, I want there to be a link from /dev/mouse to
    Mark> /dev/misc/psaux

    Mark> I tried putting the following line in /etc/modules.conf
    Mark> alias /dev/mouse /dev/misc/psaux (Nb. I did this by putting
    Mark> it in /etc/modutils/myaliases and then running
    Mark> update-modules)

That only controls what module to load when /dev/mouse exists.

    Mark> But when I reboot, still /dev/mouse does not exist.

Personally, I would sooner just make everything use /dev/misc/psaux.

However, if you still want to do this, you need to modify you devfs
config.

Have a look at /etc/devfs/symlinks, this looks like the right spot
(not tested).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>