Re: StarOffice 5.2

Raffaele Sandrini wrote:

> 2. How must i install it so that a normal user can use it. First time i
> installed SO as root in /opt/so52 but then my normal user couldn't use it.
> Even if i set the right permissions...
> Where are the errors?

Can't help with your first query, but I've had this problem.

You need to do the first installation by running as root:

./setup /net

Install to (eg) /opt/so52

Then, each user who wants to run StarOffice has to run:

/opt/so52/bin/setup

The installer will appear again and will create a folder called Office52
in that users home directory.  Users can then run soffice to get Star
Office.

Caveats:

1. I'm 2 miles from my Debian box, so the above is from memory and might
be slightly innacurate.
2. I have 5.1 on my machine, so this might have changed.

These instructions are somewhere in the installation manual, but are
quite well hidden.  You need to find the "network" installation
instructions, about half-way through.

--

/\    /\       For  PGP Key,  e-mail:
 /im /-arrand  jimspgpkey@farrand.net