Re: 2.2r3 and pseudo-image

Nathan> On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:48:22PM -0700, Pann McCuaig wrote:
>> Feel free to point me at a FM to R.
>>
>> I have an iso image of 2.2r2 binary 1, built using the pseudo-image
>> kit.
>>
>> Q: Can I loop mount this puppy and use rsync to convert it to 2.2r3
>> binary 1?
[snip]
> Since you've already got the image, I don't think you need to
> mount it at all.  Substitute your iso image for the output of
> the pseudo-image kit and let rsync do it's best.

I tried this a while ago, trying to convert 2.2 i386 binary disc 2 to
2.2r2.  It worked okay, but I ended up pulling almost 125 MB from the
rsync server, so I don't think I'll do it again.

It takes longer to do the full pseudo-image pull, but it's much kinder
to the network.

(Admittedly, I was going from 2.2 -> 2.2r2.  I doubt that 2.2r2 ->
2.2r3 would be so big. In fact, I think I'll try it as soon as a
close mirror has got it.)

-Ansel
--
join'',sort'$y=shift@,; $y^= int(eval$q) $q=q-my eval${q}if@,;$y-;pr'=~/\S*/g;$