Re: /etc/network/interfaces

"Stephen E. Hargrove" wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Mircea Luca wrote:
>
> > "Stephen E. Hargrove" wrote:
> > >
> > > At startup, I get the following message:
> > >
> > > Configuring network interfaces: /etc/network/interfaces: option without
> > > interface
> > >

> > The module for the NIC seems like the most likely candidate.
> > dmesg | grep eth0
> > should return something,if not type modconf and try to insert the proper
> > module
> > for your NIC.
> >

> # dmesg | grep eth0
> eth0: Proxim Wireless FH PC Card, buffers enabled, fw: V2.3EL
> eth0: 00:20:a6:3b:7d:f9, IO: 0x100-7, irq 3.
> eth0: Parts from dummy_cs.c 1.9 1998/07/16 23:44:06 (David Hinds).
> eth0: Wireless extensions enabled
>
> This looks right to me.  Am I missing something?

I would agree that everything looks right.What happens if you type
 ifup eth0
or in the worst case try and bring it up manually ?
 ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.6 up
You should get a more specific error message.
The thing is you either have rolled over a weird bug ,there is another
piece of hardware that is being brought-up on the same IRQ,or something
kills the PCMICA controller at a later stage in the boot process.