RE: apt-get ftp sites

It would seem that I need to use the form, http://user:pass@server:port/ .
However, it appears that the MS proxy server doesn't like this method.
Probably due to not being authenticated through a login into a MS Windows
box.

OK.  I just got off the phone with the proxy system admin.  The problem was
with the proxy server.  I can now get out to http sites.  Thanks to those
who helped.

One more request.  Can someone e-mail me the recommended apt-get http sites?

Again, thank you.  -mk