Re: [MAPS #33478] Re: Whats goin on?

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Roberto Diaz wrote:

> > I have no idea why you cc'd this email to debian-user, since Debian does
> > NOT rely on the DUL as part of our spam-blocking setup.
>
> Because there are some human beings here.. people who are ready to fully
> understand the stupid and dangerous of using DUL.

Good, bad, or indifferent, I'm afraid its here to stay (I'd like to use
my MTA, but have decided its not worth the effort).

> Just think.. you only have to break the methods they use to find out when
> an ip is dynamic and voila you can blind thousands of ip's. including your
> ISP relay ip,.

Surprise, my understanding is that alot of the DUL info comes from ISPs
themselves...  And why not, they can now feign innocent (and they
shouldn't be held responsible for content - blame lawsuits)

> > Of course, I don't know why you cc'd RMS either. I'm a little suprised
> > that president@whitehouse.gov wasn't in that cc line too.

:)

> I dont consider worthy to write the USA president.. and maybe neither
> RMS.. I was try to cc: Mahatma Gandi.. but unfotunately he is out of
> this world.. currently.
>
> And where do you want me to complain about DUL? must I look for help
> to struggle this insanity writing to an astrology mailing list?

You'll get as good results there as you will here...

--
Rick Nelson
> : Any porters out there should feel happier knowing that DEC is shipping
> : me an AlphaPC that I intend to try getting linux running on: this will
> : definitely help flush out some of the most flagrant unportable stuff.
> : The Alpha is much more different from the i386 than the 68k stuff is, so
> : it's likely to get most of the stuff fixed.
>
> It's posts like this that almost convince us non-believers that there
> really is a god.
(A follow-up by alovell@kerberos.demon.co.uk, Anthony Lovell, to Linus's
remarks about porting)