Re: mkisofs

Hi, let me comment with my vague memory....
I hope this may be helpful to you.

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 12:40:36AM -0600, Benjamin Pharr wrote:

> OK, fair enough, I removed the Joliet flag, gave it a try, and I still have
> the same errors.  Anybody else?

I had similar problem when making backup of my home directory.

Problem was avoided by making iso image while excluding certain
directories which kept netscape cache data.  I think I erased those
directory prior to CD-R backup.  This is my faint memory and may not
be correct.

I thought that these directory contains very long filenames
differ only in last few characters which seems to create this problem.

I am thinking of updating my backup script to use "tar" first.  This
way makes all permission and links in order.

Good luck.

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +
+   Fingerprint: 814E BD64 3288 40E7 E88E  3D92 C3F8 EA94 D5DE 453D   +