Epson Stylus Photo 870

In an effort to print to my Epson Stylus Photo 870, I have the following
installed:
	package		version
	-------		-------
	gs-aladdin	6.50-2
	lprng		3.7.4-1
	magicfilter	1.2-39
on my Debian box (mostly potato but with 2.4.0-test5 kernel & some other
unstable stuff).

Text printing works, which is good.  The problem is that graphic
(PostScript...) doesn't work well or at all, probably because I don't have
the right printcap entries, gs devices, and/or magicfilter filters.  I dug
through the HOWTOs, list archives, & other places, but can't find anything
which looks useful specific to the 870.  Can somebody who has printing to
this printer working well clue me in on the last few pieces to get it
configured right?  Thanks.

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford@uiowa.edu, phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-5505