Re: packages

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:36:58 Colin Watson wrote:
> "Antonio A. Lobato" <tom@splicenet.com.br> wrote:
> >	If my sources.list has the single line "deb file:/win/ main" , does the
> >dpkg find the
> >deb files within directorys
> >
> >main/binary-i386/editors/
> >main/binary-i386/x11/
> >main/binary-i386/libs/
>
> Yes, as long as the Packages.gz file in
> /win/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz lists all those files with paths in
> the Filename: fields that are correct relative to /win. That's all that
> matters.
>
> Incidentally, I still don't think 'deb file:/win/ main' is the
> sources.list entry you want. Read the man page carefully. For reference,
> the only file entry I have in sources.list is 'deb file:/usr/src/debian
> unstable main non-free', which finds Packages.gz files in
> /usr/src/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz and
> /usr/src/debian/dists/unstable/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz. (So I
> think one of the suggestions I gave you earlier was wrong - I forgot
> about dists/ - but look in the bits of the man page that suggest using a
> distribution ending with a slash, or else move your archive around to
> match mine.

in
deb file:<path> <distrib> main

<path> in the path to dists/<distrib>/ so you should have in you /win/ :
dists/<distrib>/main/binary-i386/editors/
                                /x11/
                                /libs/

for example, I have mirrored my downloaded packages with apt-move in
/opt/mirrors/debian/dists/woody/...
and my sources.list line is :
deb file:/opt/mirrors/debian woody main

Nicolas Bertolissio