Re: Helix gnome control center freezes

And Remco van de Meent <remco@dnd.utwente.nl> gave word to the following thoughts:

> I can't provide a solution but I've had the same problem. Try running
> the control center using strace. You'll probably see that it tries to
> find all kind of librep/rep-gtk related things. You need to fiddle
> around with that a little, I'm afraid (put some extra symbolic links in
> or so).

Dunno if is the same problem as you guys are having, but I experienced severe trouble after installing potato and HelixGnome and trying to run the GNOME with my 'old' user configuration, had the control center freezing several times, didn't display desktop icons even if the files were installed and things like this... Those days I just backed up and then removed all my .gnome* configuration stuff in my $HOME and allowed GNOME to build a new configuration, and then I re-installed some configuration files out of the backed-up directories. Seems it was working fine, after... :)
HTH, have a nice evening...

Kris

--
Kristian Rink