Re: [Q] Debian with UMSDOS part.

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Not that I'm aware of.

Too bad. :-(

> SuSE GNU/Linux had an option to install onto a UMSDOS partition some
> time back, as well as a "live CD" installation.  There's also PHAT
> Linux, as well as a number of other GNU/Linux distributions which were
> intended for installation under Legacy MS Windows.

Yes I know. I have already an UMSDOS installation of Peanut Linux, but I
just wanted to give a try to Debian.

> Why do you want to do this?  In general, you get much better
> performance, functionality, and safety, running on a standard ext2fs
> (or similar) partition.

Actually I have a 100% Linux Box (RedHat) and a 100% FreeBSD box, home.
However, in my work they don't let me to install Linux (I really don't
know why), so I have to use Winblows. I tried to explain that an UMSDOS
installation is a kind of Linux emulation (sic), although I know that this
is not true, and they believed it! :-)

Thanx for your answer. Best wishes for the new year!

Cheers,
Elias

--
Elias Athanasopoulos	 | I bet the human brain is |   H.E.P & Apps. Lab.
http://www.uoa.gr/~eatha | a kludge. -Marvin Minsky | University Of Athens