Re: [SOLVED] : Re: Linux tries to talk to nameserver when accessing localhost (was Re: neighbour table overflow with Woody)

"Eric G . Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote on 01/01/2001 (21:02) :
> This would contradict the man page for host.conf which explicitly says
> the arguments must be separated by commas.  I tried it both ways and
> found no difference for either local or remote lookups.  However, I'm
> not sure if /etc/nsswitch.conf doesn't obsolete this file...  Either
> way, it would seem to be at least a documentation bug for host.conf.

Which version of libc6 are your running?

Also according to: http://docs.rinet.ru:8080/LiSys/lsg30.htm
There should be no comma or punctuation.

The bug report has been diverted to the man pages :-)

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»