Re: vim's syntax highlighting + typedefs from #include <foo.h>

1st part...

You can do a 'locate .vim' to find where vim hides it's syntax files.
Mine are in /usr/share/vim/vim56/syntax.  The files are pretty ugly,
but it should be too hard to find 'float' and add 'gfloat' to that
list.

I just test it, in c.vim, add gfloat to the end of line 121, so this:
syn keyword     cType           signed unsigned float double
should become:
syn keyword     cType           signed unsigned float double gfloat

and it works.